The 2nd Workshop on
In Association with Financial Cryptography 2022
February 18, 2022
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Call for papers and talks
Our aim with this workshop is to solicit contributions from both academia and industry, focused on addressing fundamental, timely and important questions at the centre of DeFi. As such, we offer two submission formats, as follows.
- A talk proposal (~2 pages). Include an abstract, title and the speaker who will attend. Selected talk proposals will subsequently be invited to submit a precis of the talk (~4 pages, excluding references and appendices) in LNCS format for inclusion in the Workshop Proceedings. The precis will not be subject to further review.
- A short paper (~8 pages, excluding references and appendices) in LNCS format.
For either category of submission, we encourage submissions that seek to elucidate or make progress towards solving the new and challenging problems that emerge in the DeFi setting.
Researchers who wish to publish their full work elsewhere (e.g., in an econ or finance journal) are encouraged to submit a talk proposal for the workshop.
Topics of particular interest are listed below:
- Incentive mechanisms in DeFi
- Stability, risk, resilience, security of DeFi systems
- Governance of DeFi systems
- Scalability of DeFi protocols
- DeFi composability
- DeFi attacks, attack techniques, and attack case studies (including financial engineering attacks)
- Privacy and security of DeFi protocols
- Game theory in decentralized applications
- Empirical studies of DeFi
- Use and design of oracles in DeFi: price feeds and market impact measures
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
- Decentralized Exchanges, including Automated Market Makers
- Economics of interoperability
- Decentralized derivatives
- Miner extractable value in DeFi
- Token engineering
The workshop will additionally feature presentations from invited speakers.
- Lewis Gudgeon, Imperial College London
- Ariah Klages-Mundt, Cornell University
- Daniel Perez, Imperial College London
- Sam Werner, Imperial College London
- Cuneyt Akcora, University of Manitoba
- Raphael Auer, Bank for International Settlements
- James Hsin-yu Chiang, Technical University of Denmark
- Tarun Chitra, Gauntlet Network
- Jeremy Clark, Concordia University
- Martin Florian, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Dominik Harz, Imperial College London
- William Knottenbelt, Imperial College London
- Jiasun Li, George Mason University
- Jun-You Liu, Cornell University
- Patrick McCorry, Infura
- Andrew Miller, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Daniel Moroz, Harvard University
- Mahsa Moosavi, Concordia University
- Andreas Park, University of Toronto
- David Parkes, Harvard University
- Julien Prat, Polytechnic Institute of Paris
- Tim Roughgarden, Columbia University
- Palina Tolmach, Nanyang Technological University
- Alexei Zamyatin, Imperial College London
- Ariel Zetlin-Jones, Carnegie Mellon University
- Fan Zhang, Duke University
Submission deadline: November 26, 2021 AoE UTC-12 [NEW EXTENDED] Submission deadline: December 5, 2021 AoE UTC-12
Author notification by: January 17, 2022 23:59 AoE UTC-12
Submit here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=defi22
Enquiries can be sent to the Organizing Committee here.